Friday, May 04, 2007

"Monday, May 4, 1998
Two days ago or maybe three Jojo found a toad.
Bekah picked it up. Mommy got a coffee can and
we put the toad in the can. We looked in the
"Pets In A Jar" book and we found out that the toad
eats earthworms and caterpillars and grasshoppers
and crickets. We also found out that a gallon jar was
what we should put him in. We put dirt in the can
so he could dig and we pit a little bit of water
so he would not die from the sun. I named him
Hoppy.
He went behind the Barbie house. Once he went
and got stuck in the vetrinarian cage! Mommy took
it apart and got him out. She called me and I got
him out."


That incident was rather frightening. We had a little toy pet cage that we used for dolls, and I had put the toad inside of it, though I don't know why I did that. Hoppy had found a way to get himself stuck in the plastic wall of the cage! To this day, I still don't know how he did it. Mom had to take the cage apart with a screwdriver to get my toad out. We found another toad a few days latter, who I named Jumpy. I loved those toads. No, I couldn't write so well at six years old. I was dictating to Mom, who was nice enough to write all of that down for me.

No comments: